|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
An introduction to economics for postgraduate students, with a focus on microeconomics. An overview of fundamental topics such as opportunity cost, trade-off, relative scarcity and marginal analysis are explained using contemporary issues including minimum wages, carbon taxes, competition policy and state ownership of monopolies. The underlying structure of macroeconomics is also included to provide a framework for understanding the economy as a whole and the news and policy that affects it.
- Explain methods of resource allocation with reference to both efficiency and equity.
- Examine the principles of microeconomics and macroeconomics, including utility maximisation and the concept of equilibrium.
- Explain the role of individuals and businesses in different types of market structures, including perfect competition, monopolistic competition, monopoly, and oligopoly.
- Critically analyse economic situations using game theoretic techniques and the economics of asymmetric information.
- Critically evaluate regulatory and political environments' impact on business, making use of the concepts of market failure and public choice theory.
- Describe the effect of changes in macroeconomic indicators on business activity.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 16/05/2022 Cancellation 1: 30/05/2022 Cancellation 2: 06/06/2022 Last enrolment: 29/05/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 11/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 02/07/2022 Teaching census: 10/06/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||02/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|