|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject is designed to enable students to analyse economic environments and to develop an understanding of the value of economic reasoning to evaluate strategic business decisions. It is also intended to provide an opportunity to apply this understanding to develop fundamental economic analysis and evaluation skills to support managerial decision making.
- Identify the main characteristics of different market types, such as perfect competition, monopoly, monopolistic competition and oligopoly.
- Analyse the nature of competitive behaviour in various markets to assess the implications for business strategy.
- Explain the key macroeconomic drivers of a business environment and how macroeconomic outcomes relate to government policy.
- Apply economic concepts and theories to issues facing consumers, firms, governments and other institutions.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
Must be admitted into an MBA Affiliated Program.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- January 2023 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2022]]
- January 2022 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2021]]
- January 2021 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [September 2020]]
- January 2020 [Intensive - Intensive [January 2020]]
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 17/10/2022 Subject start: 17/10/2022 Cancellation 1: 27/10/2022 Cancellation 2: 29/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/10/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 05/11/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 17/11/2022 Teaching census: 04/11/2022
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 15/11/2022 Semester start: 20/02/2023 Subject start: 20/02/2023 Cancellation 1: 28/02/2023 Cancellation 2: 03/03/2023 Last enrolment: 22/02/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/03/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 17/03/2023 Teaching census: 04/03/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||05/11/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||17/11/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||17/03/2023|