Professional Portfolio is a 20 week, 45 credit point subject available to Masters (Professional) students in the Faculty of Society & Design. This subject is strongly experientially oriented and encourages students to develop their professional skills in a real world environment. The subject will ensure that students combine self-analysis and reflective learning skills with professional methodologies, so as to expand analytic and strategic thinking capabilities. It will provide practical experience for students to develop their skills in a profession relevant to their Masters specialisation. All students will complete a 2,000 word scoping document, and either undertake a work placement in Australia for 210 hours (which includes an employer’s report) and reflective journal (up to 5,000 words) OR complete a collaborative research project totalling up to 15,000 words. All students will submit a final professional portfolio collection of documents, highlighting their practical and theoretical expertise in their profession of choice. The Professional Portfolio subject cannot be commenced until the student has successfully completed all 12 subjects of the Masters component of the degree.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Integrate classroom learning with professional experience.
2. Examine the structure and functions of a company in their chosen profession.
3. Gain practical experience and develop professional skills that enhance job opportunities.
4. Discover professional strengths and weaknesses, evaluate career opportunities and develop a sense of greater professional responsibility.
5. Further develop drafting and writing skills.
6. Further develop communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Further develop research proficiency.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Non-Standard Offering||Non-Standard Offering|
|Withdraw – Financial?||24/02/2020||24/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||22/03/2020||22/03/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||06/07/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||02/08/2020|
|Non-Standard Offering - Standard||Non-Standard Offering - Situated|
|Withdraw – Financial?||02/11/2020||02/11/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/11/2020||29/11/2020|