|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject introduces the evolving trends and technologies that challenge traditional architectural and construction practices. Through a combination of forums, workshops, guest speakers, field visits, and case studies, this subject will facilitate critical thinking about how emerging technologies can be meaningfully deployed in the built environment industries. The subject will examine case studies that exemplify new approaches, processes, methods, concepts and best practices, providing an understanding of topics such as Building Information Modelling, lean production, life cycle carbon, technical nutrients, embodied energy, off-site manufacturing, industry 5.0, design for manufacture, blockchains, digital twins, mass customisation, and other emerging processes.
- Understand the different types and classifications of information systems and the fundamentals of data modelling management and information extraction.
- Analyse critically predominant procurement methods for construction and evaluate the factors and opportunities to implement new procurement methods.
- Assess and explain how stakeholder values in the lifespan of a project are transferred and translated.
- Define and critically analyse digital fabrication operations and computer-aided assembly processes through a case study with clear written and graphic communication skills.
- Understand the whole life carbon implications of procurement methods, materials, components and construction systems.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
General understanding of construction procurement strategies and awareness of conventional construction systems.
- January 2023 [Standard - Digital Design and Intelligent Construction]
- September 2022 [Standard - Digital Design and Intelligent Construction]
- January 2022 [Standard - Digital Design and Intelligent Construction]
- September 2021 [Standard - Digital Design and Intelligent Construction]
- January 2021 [Standard - Digital Design and Intelligent Construction]
- September 2020 [Standard - Digital Design and Intelligent Construction]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|