Define your career potential
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they’re on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
The property sector is Australia’s largest industry and second largest employer. Fulfilling the residential and non-residential needs of Australia continues to remain a priority and requires employers to hire graduates with the capabilities and skills to work in a dynamic and unpredictable market. Now more than ever, graduates must combine their knowledge and skills with the advancements in technology to remain competitive.
Prepare yourself with knowledge and technical skills for a career within global property related industries and professions. The combined Master of Valuation and Property Development/Master of Project Management prepares students with project management skills that ensure complex new initiatives are implemented as intended by development managers.
IMPORTANT: Effective June 2020, graduates of GAC-accredited programs will be awarded a substantial reduction in the experience requirement for all PMI certifications.
The Master of Valuation and Property Development/ Master of Project Management ensure graduates are equipped with knowledge and skills across a variety of disciplines. Graduates focus their attention to property investment and valuation, as well as project and program management. This combination of knowledge and skills allows graduates to differentiate themselves in the industry and pursue many career paths.
Combined degree options
- Master of Architecture / Master of Project Management
- Master of Construction Practice / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sport Management / Master of Project Management
- Master of Sustainable Environments and Planning / Master of Project Management
- Master of Valuation and Property Development / Master of Project Management
- Master of International Relations / Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Administration / Master of Project Management
- Master of Communication / Master of Project Management
- Master of Criminology / Master of Project Management
- Gain a qualification recognised by several Australian and International leading industry bodies
- Small class sizes and personalised approach to learning
- Graduate sooner with Bond’s accelerated degree option
About the program
The combined Masters degree in Valuation and Property Development and Project Management enables students interested in being a development manager to gain specialised knowledge related to property investment and development. Development managers require project management skills to ensure that complex new initiatives are implemented as intended. Show more
The combined Masters degree in Valuation and Property Development and Project Management enables students interested in being a development manager to gain specialised knowledge related to property investment and development. Development managers require project management skills to ensure that complex new initiatives are implemented as intended. It is also an international endeavour, where property development and urban renewal is relentless. Therefore, a combined understanding of the property investment process together with the generic principles of successful management of scope, time, cost, risk, human resources, quality, procurement, stakeholders and environmental impact, and their balanced integration is most valuable. Development managers must know how to assess risks, and take them where appropriate, and may be involved in commercial, residential, industrial and civil developments, often involving large-scale projects. Students graduate with a Master of Valuation and Property Development and a Master of Project Management upon completion. Graduates of this degree are internationally recognised by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Architecture and Built Environment|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
Foundation subjects (17)
- SSUD71-103 Principles of Project Management
- SSUD71-305 Project Portfolio and Program Management
- SSUD71-403 Project Resource Planning
- SDCM71-323 Expert Witness and Dispute Resolution
- SDIM71-201 Risk Management
- SSUD71-101 Understanding Buildings
- SSUD71-107 Property Investment and Valuation
- SSUD71-109 Commercial Valuation
- SSUD71-111 Project Finance and Procurement
- SSUD71-124 Property Development
- SSUD71-125 Feasibility Analysis
- SSUD71-126 Property Finance and Investment
- SSUD71-216 Corporate Property and Asset Management
- SSUD71-300 Planning and Assessment Processes
- SSUD71-328 Specialist and Statutory Valuation
- HUMR71-100 Research Methods and Data Visualisation
- SSUD74-200 Research Project
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $13,563* per semester average
- Students commencing study in 2021: $14,043* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2020: $81,380
- Students commencing study in 2021: $84,260
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent at an approved institution.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information