Further your business career at Bond
The January semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format, with classes designed to support and engage all learners. Whether they're on campus or abroad, all students will be able to access Bond's exceptional and personalised learning experience through dynamic and interactive lectures, tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
If you are interested in management, strategy and leadership and looking to acquire expertise in finance and investments, then a double degree in Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and Finance at Bond University is a step in the right direction.
Ranked #1 in Australia by students*, the Bond MBA is a generalist management program designed to blend industry-relevant research with practical applications. Bond MBA students represent 20 different nationalities providing you with cross-cultural experiences while you study, and a rich global network post-graduation. You will also have the opportunity to go on a study tour to China or Silicon Valley as part of the program to experience a different culture, history and identify opportunities or connect with the world of innovation.
According to the Financial Times, a Master of Finance is the “must-have degree” for those seeking professional careers in specialist finance roles, and in combination to the MBA will give you a strong understanding of financial principles and their application to corporate financial policy, international financial markets, derivative assets and their associated markets.
*2015 Australian Financial Review Boss MBA Rankings - Student Satisfaction.
What our students say
- Learn in smaller classes
- Unparalleled access to Bond Business School's two financial trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals
- Opportunity to experience global business environments with international Study Tours available within Asia, South-East Asia and Silicon Valley
About the program
The Master of Finance is a quantitatively rigorous program which integrates innovative subjects that highlight Bond Business School's excellence in experiential and case-based teaching. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. Show more
The Master of Finance is a quantitatively rigorous program which integrates innovative subjects that highlight Bond Business School's excellence in experiential and case-based teaching. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The small class sizes in the Master of Finance allow for personalised attention and unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals at our Bond FinTech Hub. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. The Bond MBA is a generalist management program. Designed to blend industry-relevant research with practical applications and challenges, the intended learning outcomes are centred on the three pillars of leadership, global business and entrepreneurship, developing graduates who can think critically and strategically in this context. The program is designed to provide graduates with the core underlying technical skills that inform effective decision making, framed around the development of the interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills that are required to lead in the implementation of these decisions. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Due to current travel restrictions, this program will temporarily be delivered using a mixture of on-campus, remote and multi-modal classes to support and engage all students, from all parts of the world.
|Duration||6 semesters (2 years)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Finance/Master of Business Administration program comprises 22 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (8 x 5cp)
- BMBA70-810 Individuals, Teams and Leadership
- BMBA70-820 Interpersonal Dynamics
- BMBA70-830 Effective Decision Making
- BMBA70-840 Motivation and Organisation
- BMBA70-850 Managerial Economics
- BMBA70-860 Marketing for Managers
- BMBA70-870 Accounting for Managers
- BMBA70-880 Financial Decision Making
Required subjects (12 x 10cp)
- BMBA71-301 Data Analytics for Decision Making
- BMBA71-302 Strategic Insight
- BMBA71-303 MBA Capstone
- FINC71-305 Derivative Products
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-603 Investments
- FINC71-604 Capital Markets
- FINC71-607 International Financial Management
- MGMT71-326 Project Innovation and Change
Directed elective subjects (2 x 10cp)
- ACCT71-301 Financial Accounting & Reporting
- ACCT71-511 Security Appraisal and Valuation
- ACSC71-200 Mathematical Statistics
- ACSC71-201 Financial Mathematics
- BUSN71-310 Research Project
- ECON71-202 Macroeconomics
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- FINC71-614 Mergers and Acquisitions
- STAT71-112 Quantitative Methods
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $15,540* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2021: $93,240
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
* Note: for students commencing January 2021 the University has held the 2020 tuition fee amount in recognition of the current circumstances, with 2021 fees effective only from the University’s May 2021 semester.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the MBA / Master of Finance requires the following:
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- Quality undergraduate degree from a recognised institution
- Cover letter detailing your career goals, future ambitions and experience
- Two professional referee reports
- Interview with the program director may be required
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information