A career in finance starts at Bond
The September semester for this program will be delivered in a multi-modal format with a mixture of on-campus, mixed mode and remote classes. All students will be able to access Bond’s exceptional, personalised learning experience regardless of their location. For students who are able to attend campus, we are working toward the resumption of face-to-face classes especially for small group instruction such as tutorials, seminars, workshops and lab sessions.
According to the Financial Times, a Master of Finance is the “must-have degree” for those seeking professional specialist finance roles, including investment banking, asset management, and financial analysis. Completed in just one year and four months, a Master of Finance qualification from Bond University prepares you for an executive career in finance, commercial banks, insurance sectors, property investment, superannuation funds, stockbrokers and corporate treasuries. You also have the opportunity to gain Bloomberg certification and unlock your potential for more job opportunities in the financial industry. Students who have successfully completed cognate undergraduate programs may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Finance program.
The Master of Finance at Bond has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, the largest association of investment of professionals in the world, meaning students are well prepared for the CFA exams.
Students who have successfully completed cognate undergraduate programs may be eligible for advanced standing of up to 40 credit points towards the Master of Finance accelerated program.
In 2020 we are offering a number of partial tuition fee 30th Anniversary Postgraduate Scholarships to high achieving domestic students applying to commence postgraduate studies at Bond University in either the May or September semester.
24/7 access to live financial markets
What our students say
- Learn in smaller classes
- Unparalleled access to Bond Business School's two financial trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals
- Opportunity to experience global business environments with international Study Tours available within Asia, South-East Asia and Silicon Valley.
About the program
The Master of Finance course is a quantitatively rigorous program which integrates innovative subjects that highlight the Bond Business School's excellence in experiential and case-based teaching. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. Show more
The Master of Finance course is a quantitatively rigorous program which integrates innovative subjects that highlight the Bond Business School's excellence in experiential and case-based teaching. The classes combine theoretical knowledge in Finance with practical insights delivered through case studies and guest lectures. Team building is encouraged through group projects and communication skills are enhanced through class presentations. The small class sizes in the Master of Finance course allow for personalised attention and unparalleled access to Bloomberg terminals at our Bond FinTech Hub. The program equips students to think critically, communicate professionally, work collaboratively, make ethical and responsible business decisions, and work effectively in a global business context characterised by change and uncertainty. Show less
|Mode||On Campus and Remote|
Multi-modal delivery with a combination of on-campus, mixed mode and remote classes.
|Duration||4 semesters (1 year 4 months)|
|Program type||Masters Coursework|
|Study area||Business and Commerce|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The Master of Finance will provide a pathway to a professional career with financial sector employers including:
- Commercial Banks
- Insurance Companies
- Merchant and Investment Banks
- Superannuation Funds
Master of Finance comprises 12 subjects, as follows:
Required subjects (6)
- FINC71-305 Derivative Products
- FINC71-318 Personal Investment
- FINC71-601 Corporate Finance
- FINC71-603 Investments
- FINC71-604 Capital Markets
- FINC71-607 International Financial Management
Directed Elective (4)
Choose 4 subjects from the list below
- ACCT71-301 Financial Accounting & Reporting
- ACCT71-511 Security Appraisal and Valuation
- ACSC71-200 Mathematical Statistics
- ACSC71-201 Financial Mathematics
- BUSN71-310 Research Project
- ECON71-202 Macroeconomics
- FINC71-302 Finance Applications and Analysis
- FINC71-614 Mergers and Acquisitions
- STAT71-112 Quantitative Methods
- Students can choose 1 General Elective Subjects (20CP).
- General elective – A subject that may be chosen from any subject on offer across the University provided requisites, enrolment restrictions and any other faculty requirements have been met.
- Students may also choose one of the following opportunities to use your elective subject to have international experiences or an Internship opportunity provided you meet the requirements. Please discuss with the Enrolment Advisor in the Student Business Centre.
- The Study Tour requires approval from the Faculty. (Please note that additional costs and visa requirements are associated with this subject).
- The Internship requires a GPA credit average and requires approval from the Faculty with an application to the Career Development Centre.
- The Individual Study Topic is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires the Program Director's approval.
Please visit BBS Program Structure and Sequencing for guidance on study plans.
The below fees are based on an average per semester cost, fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester:
- 2020 fees: $14,965 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
- 2021 fees: $15,505 per semester (based on 3 subjects per semester)
Price may vary depending on elective discipline choice.
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than if you went to another university.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
Academic entry requirements
Entry into the Master of Finance requires the completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution, and completion of a subject deemed equivalent to either Fundamentals of Finance or Managerial Finance with a credit grade within the last seven years.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information