How to Apply
The application process for a position is detailed in the vacancy-specific advertisement. All positions require the submission of a Resume, a Cover Letter, a statement addressing each Selection Criteria and the contact information for three work-related referees.
Bond University use a self-service recruitment system for candidates to apply online for positions anywhere, anytime using a range of electronic and mobile devices. The recruitment system allows you to view the status of a job that you have applied for to track the progress of your application. Bond University does not accept applications that are not submitted via the recruitment system unless otherwise instructed within the advertisement.
Selection Criteria is an important facet of the application process. It is a tool used to shortlist candidates. Candidates who best meet the selection criteria will be considered for an interview. Selection Criteria for each position are found in the corresponding Position Description.
Selection Criteria are position-specific qualifications, experience and attributes required to fulfil the role requirements..
Desirable Criteria listed in the position description are additional skills considered valuable to the position. Desirable Criteria are not mandatory to possess, although they may increase your chances being shortlisted for an interview.
Candidates are encouraged to address each selection criterion individually, by using examples to demonstrate your experience and support your claims. The same example may be used multiple times if appropriate. Use of the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result), when addressing Selection Criteria is encouraged.
Some positions will require proof of your qualifications. The Human Resources Department may request certified copies of your qualifications during the recruitment process.
If shortlisted for a position, you will be invited to attend an interview. This will be arranged (where possible) via a phone call and confirmed via email. The interview will consist of motivational, situational and behavioural questions to determine your suitability for the position.
The interview panel is comprised of 3-5 relevant staff members. Candidates invited to interview should advise the organiser of any support requirements that may be needed to attend an interview.
Reference checks are not normally undertaken unless your application is being recommended for appointment to the position.
Referees should include your current manager or superior. If that is not possible, an alternative reference must be someone who can comment on your knowledge, skills and ability in your current work environment.
All employees of Bond University are required to hold working rights in Australia. This is in the form of a valid, current work visa (if they are not an Australian citizen). During the appointment process, and throughout the employees’ contract term, employees will be required to show evidence of their visa (including Permanent Residence visas) for validation. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure their visa details remain current with the HR Department.
If successful after the interview process, you will be contacted by the Chair of the Selection Committee or Human Resources to be offered the position.
Successful applicants are encouraged to carefully consider a job offer and review the employment contract to ensure understanding of the terms and conditions of employment at Bond University.
Candidates who attend an interview but are unsuccessful will be notified by the Chair of the Selection Committee. All other unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email by Human Resources.
Bond University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In line with Bond University’s strategic direction, people from diverse backgrounds, women, indigenous and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University..
Depending on the type of position, Bond employees are engaged under different Award Agreements.
Academic Staff are employed on a Bond Employment Agreement (BEC). Conditions of employment have been enhanced by a Memorandum of Understanding between Bond University, Ltd (BUL) and the Bond University Academic Staff Association (BUASA) which came into effect in 2018.
Professional Staff are employed on a Bond Workplace Agreement (BWA). Conditions of employment have been enhanced by a Memorandum of Understanding between Bond University, Ltd (BUL) and the Bond University Professional Staff Association (BUPSA) which came into effect in 2019.
I am having trouble logging in
- Your ID is the email address you registered with.
- If you can't remember your password, select Forgot Password on the login page and enter your email address to receive instructions on resetting your password.
How do I complete an application online?
- View current vacancies at Jobs at Bond. Select Apply Now for the job you are interested in.
- Prepare and save your responses in a word document by selecting Preview Application Form.
- If are an existing user, select Login to an existing account .
- Select Begin to start the application process. First time users will need to register and set up a password.
- When completing an application, save pages regularly. You do not need to complete your application in one sitting. You can save and access your application anytime by logging in and going to Dashboard >> Application History
- Ensure all mandatory fields are completed (identified by a red asterisk *). Select Save and Submit for each page of the application form.
How do I format text in an application?
- Use plain text, do not use bold or underline.
- Use asterisks (*) or dashes (-) instead of dot/bullet points.
- Ideally prepare responses in a Word document first to utilise features such as spell check and word count before copying into the online application form.
How do I submit an application?
- On completion of all mandatory questions you can submit your application by selecting the Submit Application button at the top of the Preview and Submit page.
- If you can't see the Submit Application button, please check all mandatory questions and that you have selected Save and Submit on each page of the application form.
- An email confirmation will be sent confirming that you have submitted your application. Alternatively login and check the status of your application by going to Dashboard >> Application History.
Can I update information in an application submitted?
- You can update an application until the closing date for the position. Login and go to Dashboard >> Application History and select Edit Application.
Can I submit a late application?
- Once an advert has closed, it is not possible for a candidate to address the selection criteria online therefore late applications will not be accepted.
Can I submit a hard copy of my application?
- Bond University no longer accepts applications outside of the recruitment system unless specified within the advertisement.
- If you are having technical issues with submitting an application online, please make sure you have read through all of the FAQ questions. Contact the HR Recruitment team prior to the closing date of the position and they will be able to answer questions and/or help determine an appropriate way for you to submit your application.
HR Recruitment Team
Phone: +61 7 5595 3566
Email: [email protected]
Human Resources is located on Level 3 of Building 4b.