Measurement 2 develops greater understanding of measurement principles and practices. Topics include trade preambles, measurement and billing of quantities for a range of trades and more complex building works. Students gain further experience in the use of computer software in preparing construction documentation
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate measurement skills that build on those learnt in Measurement 1 and apply them to more complex trades and work items.
2. Demonstrate advanced skills in interpretation of construction documents including drawings and specifications, and standards such as the Australian and New Zealand Standard Method Measurement of Building Works.
3. Quantify two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes, given sufficient and yet limited description of the dimensions.
4. Interpret consultants’ drawings and specifications that provide limited detail of installations and interpolate as necessary to facilitate the measurement of building works to an acceptable level of accuracy.
5. Prepare and generate Bills of Quantities using industry standard software.
There are no co-requisites.
|Withdraw – Financial?||20/06/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|