Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine
|Requirement||Approx. cost in AUD||Important details|
|Serology||Free on campus||Free through on campus clinic.|
Elsewhere may cost $60 - $150
|Hepatitis B||$15 per vaccination||A series of 3 vaccinations|
|Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)||$36 per vaccination||A series of 2 vaccinations|
|Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis (dTpa)||$46 per vaccination||1 vaccination only|
|Varicella (Chicken Pox)||$63 per vaccination||A series of 2 vaccinations|
|Seasonal Influenza Vaccination||$15 per vaccination||1 vaccination per year|
|Tuberculosis Screening (Mantoux)||-||To be organised by the student upon request from NSW Health|
|Criminal Police Check||$55 (indication)||Valid for 3 years|
|Blue Card (student)||Free for initial application and renewals||Valid for 3 years|
$150 for both components
|First Aid valid for 3 years|
CPR valid for 1 year
|Polio / dTpaP||$69||Valid 10 years [adult booster]|
- Students participating in Laboratory Practicums will require enclosed footwear
- Students undertaking Clinical Placements, Internships or Field trips in Australia and overseas will need to pay additional costs associated with travel and accommodation.
- Students undertaking Clinical Placements are required to maintain professional dress standards in clinical situations.
- Hepatitis B vaccinations, serology, Blue Cards and Federal Police Certificate are mandatory in Queensland and NSW Health facilities and will be required for all students undertaking Clinical Placements. Additional immunisations may also be required (in particular for international placements). Please note that due to Hep B vaccination shortages, students may be required to obtain alternative Hep B vaccinations including combined Hep A/Hep B or paediatric Hep B vaccinations (2 doses equal 1 adult dose) – cost of alternatives may vary.
- Students participating in internships involving working with children will be advised as to the requirement for a Blue Card and/or Federal Police Certificate. Some placements may also require Hepatitis B vaccinations and serology.
- Honours students participating in laboratory research involving human tissue will be advised as to the requirement for specific immunisations.
- Immunisation Costs are based on Bond University Health Services estimates which are likely to fluctuate.
- Costs may vary between providers.