The Medical Clinic is a facility for currently enrolled students and staff members of Bond University. The Medical Clinic is located within Wellbeing Services – Level 1, Student Court, Building 9 (See location 9 on the Campus Map).
For a list of after hours medical services, please click the button below:
Dr. Peter Karsas
Dr. Peter Karsas operates from the Medical Clinic and is available by appointment.
- General Practice and skin care
- Sexual Health advice
- Men and Women's Health
- Sports Medicine
- Travel Medicine & advice
- Dive Medicals and Health assessments
Registered Nurse, Melissa Masters
Melissa Masters (Mel) is a post graduate qualified Registered Nurse with 15 years' experience working across a variety of acute care settings including Emergency and Haematology/Oncology.
Having worked in critical care environments, Mel has experience with diverse patient presentations and has extensive experience providing advanced life support to critically unwell people.
Mel has a particular interest in Women's health and sexual health.
Mel is available by appointment for:
- General Healthcare and advice
- Sexual Health advice
- Wound care
- Routine travel vaccinations and information
- Triage for doctors
- First aid
- Pathology Collection
- Blood pressure check
- Lung Function testing
Student counselling services
Our Psychologists at Bond University provide free, confidential counselling service to help you with anything from academic, study pressures through to personal problems.
Domestic and international students after hours
Please ring local Gold Coast Medical Centres off campus. National Home Doctor Service provides a bulk billing service to all Medicare and International Alliance holders living off campus in your home. Tel:13 SICK (13 7425) or +61 7 5531 1224. Open from 4pm on weekdays, 10am on Saturdays or 24 hours on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Similarly, House Call Doctor provides bulk-billed services to all students covered by Medicare. House call doctors are able to visit students in their homes or on-campus accommodation. International students can also receive an after-hours GP visit, with the cost rebated through Bupa, NIB and Allianz. Tel: 13 55 66. Open from 4pm weekdays, 12 noon Saturdays, and 24 hours on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Emergencies on campus
- Please contact Security by telephone: +61 7 5595 1234. Provide a description of the emergency and the exact location (building, floor number, room) or Ambulance phone: 000.
- For immediate crisis intervention when life maybe in danger telephone the Police 000 or local hospitals:Robina Hospital - +61 7 5668 6000; Gold Coast University Hospital - +61 7 5687 0000.
- We are a Bulk Billing Clinic for Medicare. Please have your Medicare details ready when booking your appointment and visiting the Centre. We also provide direct billing for international students with Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) through Allianz, BUPA, and NIB. Please make sure you have your current membership details when booking your appointment.
- If you are not covered by Medicare or private health cover, a consultation fee of $65 CASH applies (EFTPOS available).
- All appointments are to be made through the Medical Clinic Receptionists +61 7 5595 4043
- If you are unable to make your appointment, please ring to reschedule or cancel your appointment. Then we can offer an appointment to someone in need.