Credit and advanced standing
You may be eligible for credit towards a Bond University program from previous studies undertaken at another University, TAFE or a private provider, which may ultimately decrease your proposed study load.
In addition to considering credit transfers from any recognised tertiary institution, Bond has also established formal pathway partnerships with the following Australian and international institutions:
- Australian Pacific College - Brisbane
- Charlton Brown
- The International Institute of Business and Technology (IIBT)
- Macleay College - Sydney
- National Institute of Education and Technology (NIET)
- TAFE QLD - Brisbane
- The Scots College - Bellevue Hill, Sydney
- East China University Of Political Science And Law
- Hubei University, School of Mathematics and Statistics
- Shenzhen University
- Soochow University
- Wuhan University
- Zhejiang University
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (ZUEL)
- Ecole de Formation Professionnelle des Barreaux de la Cour d'Appel de Paris
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- International School of Management (ISM)
- Munich Business School
- PFH Private University of Applied Sciences
- University of Regensburg
- Business Breakthrough, Inc. (BBT)
- Chinese Culture University
- Assumption University
United Arab Emirates
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
United States of America
- Bridge Education Group
- British University Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City Open University (HCMCOU)
Bond University also accepts credit applications for courses from other international institutions on a case-by-case basis. Contact [email protected] for more information.
How to apply for subject credits
To receive an outcome on your application for credit you must submit your complete application as early as possible. Applications will be prioritised by the next upcoming semester and complete applications submitted at least one month before the start of your first semester will be guaranteed an outcome.
Generally the criteria applied to credit applications are:
- the application must be based on a subject from a recognised tertiary Institution, and
- the subject must appear as a pass or better on your transcript, and
- the subject must be equivalent in level, content, duration and style to the Bond University course for which you are applying for credit.
To apply for credit, you will need to provide a copy of the approved subject outlines for the year in which you successfully completed the subjects. The following information should either be included in the subject outline or provided separately:
- a detailed list of weekly topics covered in the subject
- the size and duration of the subject (e.g. 3 hours per week for 15 weeks)
- the prescribed textbook and recommended readings
- the assessment requirements for the subject
- an authorised translation if the transcript is not in English.
Please go the Advanced Standing Application form and submit it with your application.
When to apply for credit
As soon as you receive your offer and at least 10 working days prior to the commencement of the semester. You can't apply for credit for the current semester or teaching period after the: