Are you in Year 12 and want to get a head start when it comes to getting into university?
The Bond Business School Year 12 Extension Program is a two day workshop where students gain an insight into university life to assist the transition from high school to university. Our world class academics will facilitate the opportunity for students to experience an enrichment of the senior school syllabus through real world applications and the use of 21st century skills.
Be part of the select group of students handpicked for the opportunity to receive an early offer into Bond Business School and the opportunity to be awarded a Year 12 Extension Program Scholarship.
Information for students and teachers
- Eligible graduates from the Year 12 Extension Program will receive an early offer into their chosen degree subject to meeting the academic entry requirements^.
- Opportunity to receive one of four Year 12 Extension Program Scholarships valued at 50% and 25% of tuition fees or a $5,000 bursary.
- Be better prepared for your Year 12 exams. This program has been designed in collaboration with current high school teachers to ensure it supports the Queensland Curriculum.
- Improve your communication, presentation and MS Excel skills in a small class environment
- Students in the Maths Extension will get a taste of R programming.
- Get a feel for university life and meet Bond academics and students.
- Access to the Bond FinTech Hub for a Bloomberg session.
- Experience the Transformer innovation space.
- Limited places per day allowing great access to our academics.
^Excludes the Bond Medical Program.
- Q&A online meeting hosted by Extension Program Coordinators approximately two weeks before event
- Tour and experience the Bond campus and facilities
- Meet fellow participants, Bond academics and current students
- Complete a Bloomberg data session
- Complete an Advanced MS Excel (Business stream) or R programming session (Maths stream)
- Enjoy a session in the Transformer innovation space
- Morning tea and lunch
- Group project work with fellow students supported by Bond academic staff
- Start and complete written and oral assessment pieces
- Be part of the group presentation to fellow students and academics
- Morning tea and lunch
The program will run from approximately 8:30am - 3:00pm each day. The exact schedule will be communicated closer to the event.
Partner schools can nominate up to eight students based on the following:
- Completing Year 12 in 2021
- Nominated and supported by a teacher or career advisor and parent
- Able to participate in the program over two days
- An interest in study at Bond University
- Achieved at least a B in an English and /or a Maths subject (General not Applied subjects) in Year 11
Achieve at least a B in either Accounting, Economics or Business or other General Subject (or Diploma in Business).
Achieving at least a B in Specialist Mathematics and / or Mathematical Methods.
Once you have successfully completed the two day program, you can apply direct to study at Bond University at bond.edu.au/apply.
With the support of your school and parents, eligible students will receive an early offer to study.
- Six scholarships will be awarded:
- Three 50% for first place in each Extension Program offering and three 25% for second place
- A $5,000 bursary will be given to schools where four or more students participate in the program. The school can award this to one student at their discretion.
- An additional $5,000 bursary will be awarded to any student that receives a High Distinction in the program.
- Bursaries will be credited towards 2022 tuition fees.
- South-East Queensland and Northern NSW Students are welcome to make their own way to attend each day, with free parking provided on campus.
- Bond Business School will also provide buses from Brisbane and Toowoomba.*
- Regional Areas Bond Business School is pleased to arrange travel for students in regional areas to complete the Year 12 Extension Program.**
- A parent/guardian is required to attend with their student or alternatively consent given for travel with another parent must be given.
- During their stay, parents will have the opportunity to tour the campus and discuss study and living options with friendly Bond Academics and staff.
- Additionally, they will have free time to explore the Gold Coast. Bond University will arrange and cover flights and ground transfers for regional students. Parents will pay for their flight and arrange accommodation for themselves and student.
Please contact event coordinators for further information.
* Subject to minimum student numbers. ** For students living in areas minimum four or more hours driving distance to Bond University. ^ Excludes the Bond Medical Program.
Why Bond Business School?
Every new student has access to:
- A student and academic mentor
- 40 Bloomberg terminals
- International internships and study tours
- Small class sizes
- Superior job opportunities made available by the Career Development Centre
- Transformer co-curricular program and innovation space
- Commercialisation Centre and Big Data Centre