Are you in Year 12 and want to get a head start when it comes to getting into university?
The Bond Business School Year 12 Extension Program is a two day workshop that assists you to transition to university. Our world class academics will focus on knowledge and skills that build upon senior school curriculum.
Be part of the select group of students handpicked for the opportunity to receive an early offer into Bond Business School and the opportunity to be awarded a Year 12 Extension Program Scholarship.
Why Bond Business School?
Every new student has access to:
- A student and academic mentor.
- 40 Bloomberg terminals.
- International internships and study tours.
- Small class sizes.
- Superior job opportunities made available by the Career Development Centre.
- Transformer co-curricular program and innovation space
- State-of-the-art learning facilities opened in May of 2017
What our students think
Information for students and teachers
- Eligible graduates from the Year 12 Extension Program will receive an early offer into a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management*
- Opportunity for a Year 12 Extension Program Scholarship valued at 50% of tuition fees or a $5,000 bursary
- Be better prepared for your Year 12 exams. This program has been designed in collaboration with a current high school teacher to ensure it supports the Queensland Curriculum
- Improve your communication, presentation and MS Excel skills in a small class environment
- Get a feel for university life and meet Bond academics and students
- Access to the Macquarie Trading Room for a Bloomberg session
- Experience the Transformer innovation space
- The program is capped at 60 students per day giving you quality time with the experts - your lecturers
*Other business programs may be available dependent on OP predictions.
- Welcome and Program Orientation
- Tour and experience the Bond campus and facilities
- Meet fellow participants, Bond academics and current students
- Improve your MS Excel skills
- Experience a Bloomberg data session
- Enjoy a session in the Transformer innovation space
- Morning tea and lunch
- Group project work with fellow students supported by Bond academic staff
- Start and complete written and oral assessment pieces
- Be part of the group presentation to fellow students and academics
- Morning tea and lunch
Partner schools can nominate eight students** based on the following:
- Completing Year 12 in 2018
- Achieved at least a B or higher in Maths A, B or C or Authority English, and a B or higher in one of the following subjects at the end of Year 11: Accounting, BCT, Business Management, Diploma / Certificate of Business, Economics, Hospitality
- Nominated and supported by a teacher or career advisor and parents
- Available to attend Day One and Day Two of the program
- Demonstrated extracurricular activities
- An interest in future study at Bond University
*A waitlist will be created for schools that have more than eight eligible students.
Once you have successfully completed the two day program, you can apply direct to study at Bond University at bond.edu.au/apply. With the support of your school and parents, eligible students will receive an early offer to study.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to the student who achieves the highest overall result in the Year 12 Extension Program. The recipient must also meet the academic entry requirements of their chosen degree*** and will be subject to academic performance guidelines whilst studying at Bond University.
- Each partner school that has at least four students successfully complete the program will earn a $5,000 bursary to be awarded to one student at their discretion. This will be credited to your future student account to pay for your subject fees at Bond University and cannot be exchanged for cash.
***Excludes the Bond Medical Program.