|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject introduces students to fundamental quantitative theory and tools to support business intelligence and data analysis needs of modern organisations. This Includes basic statistics, probability distributions, correlation, regression, and time series forecasting. The emphasis of this subject is to develop practical computational skills and problem-solving capabilities utilising appropriate analytical approaches to a given problem. The tools and techniques introduced in this subject, including the use of spreadsheets for data management and analysis, can be applied to exploratory big data analysis.
- Produce appropriate graphical and numerical descriptive statistics for different types of data.
- Apply probability rules and concepts relating to discrete and continuous random variables to answer questions within a business context.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the importance of the Central Limit Theorem (CLT) and its applications.
- Conduct and interpret a variety of hypothesis tests to aid decision making in a business context.
- Use simple/multiple regression models to analyse the underlying relationships between the variables through hypothesis testing.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- January 2023 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- September 2022 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- May 2022 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- January 2022 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- September 2021 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- May 2021 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- January 2021 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- September 2020 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- May 2020 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- January 2020 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- September 2019 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- May 2019 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- January 2019 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- September 2018 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- May 2018 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- January 2018 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- September 2017 [Standard - Business Statistics]
- May 2017 [Standard - Business Statistics]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|