This subject addresses schedule preparation and management using BIM-related Lean Construction and Integrated Project Delivery techniques. It is taught in a highly interactive environment and is dedicated to aspects of interrogating BIM IT platforms in a manner which informs students how to better utilise available BIM information to prepare useful project schedules that align with and include all aspects of the project phases as defined by the buildingSMART Australasia BIM framework. The subject affords students the opportunity to prepare and refine a project schedule that aligns with the BIM framework phases, and respects Lean approaches to construction.
This subject has been designed as a micro-credentialed course for the benefit of industry professionals.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Explain the scheduling issues related to BIM/Lean/IPD in the context of collaborative multi-stakeholder teamwork.
2. Define the risk aspects of failing to ensure collaborative contributions to BIM/Lean/IPD delivered projects, within stages of the delivery process as defined in the buildingSMART Australasia BIM framework.
3. Describe the importance of integrated input to the project schedule by all members of the project delivery team.
4. Recognise how BIM model knowledge is important in preparing and maintaining realistic and useful project schedules.
5. Experience how scheduling in the BIM/Lean/IPD project delivery environment can be far more accurate and informative because of the 3D modelling and AR/VR aspects of design data presentation.
6. Describe impacts of BIM-informed project scheduling in the BIM/Lean/IPD project delivery environment, with a focus on understanding the differences between 3D BIM and 4D BIM.
|Withdraw – Financial?||04/11/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/11/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||19/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||25/03/2021|