This subject addresses the management of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues arising from the use of BIM, Lean Construction and Integrated Project Delivery when working in a collaborative project delivery environment. It is taught in a highly interactive environment over one intensive of two days duration and one of one day duration. The two day intensive covers impacts of IPR on BIM in a manner which equips students to better adopt the buildingSMART Australasia BIM framework. The one day intensive introduces students to the key impacts of IPR in applying principles of Lean Construction and of Integrated Project Delivery in the construction and infrastructure projects design and delivery environments. Relevance of IPR in adopting and applying the buildingSMART Australasia BIM Framework is also discussed.
This subject has been designed as a micro-credentialed course for the benefit of industry professionals.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Explain the IPR issues related to BIM/Lean/IPD in the context of collaborative project delivery.
2. Define the legal and risk aspects of stakeholder contributions to BIM/Lean/IPD delivered projects, within stages of the delivery process.
3. Describe the ownership of copyright in the BIM/Lean/IPD project delivery context and compare it with IPR aspects relating to traditional project delivery models
4. Recognise how professional/commercial knowledge relating to the input of consultants and other professionals in the context of BIM/Lean/IPD can be appropriately protected.
5. Describe different approaches to protection of IPR when using the BIM/Lean/IPD approach to project delivery (E.g. The Construction Industry Council of UK protocol versus other protocols).
6. Examine how effective contract provisions can help avoid infringement of copyright and similar/related claims in the BIM/Lean/IPD project delivery environment.
7. Describe impacts of BIM/Lean/IPD project delivery environment on contract administration.
8. List potential effects of IPR on Lean Construction philosophy and practicality.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||12/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||14/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||26/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||07/11/2019|