This subject addresses a range of issues relevant to the establishment and management of construction sites with an emphasis on site safety, site planning and layout, materials handling, equipment selection and industrial law. Occupational health and safety, labour law and industrial relations are explored in the specific context of the onsite management of construction projects.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate a critical approach to project site management.
2. Apply and review health and safety management systems.
3. Demonstrate and integrate knowledge and skills of commercial management and the legal aspects of project control.
4. Describe the concepts and obligations set by relevant statute in regards to Workplace Health and Safety issues.
5. Understand health and safety as they apply to the working environment.
6. Understand the importance of risk assessment within the construction industry, particularly in relation to onsite construction.
There are no co-requisites.