This subject deals with a number of areas relating to financial evaluation and tendering for construction work. It includes a range of topics relevant to aspects of the financial management of development and construction projects including assessment of project feasibility, estimating procedures for complex work, tendering procedures and tender preparation, determination of margins for profit and overheads, bidding strategies, and taxation issues relevant to the construction industry.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Identify the components of construction and development costs, both direct and indirect
2. Analyse and synthese the composite rates for typical building work
3. Analyse and derive mark-ups that cover general and job-specific overheads and profit
4. Perform an in-depth appraisal of typical tendering processes and procedures and have a general awareness of various statistical methods and bidding theories that may be used in tendering
5. Characterise typical financing arrangements for large construction projects and provide preliminary advice to clients on these arrangements.
6. Recognise taxation issues relevant to construction estimating and finance.
There are no co-requisites.