|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
Sport is not one industry as is often depicted. Rather, it consists of a multitude of interlinked commercial and not-for-profit sectors across both the supply and demand sides of a multitude of industries. This complexity makes sport globally significant because it cuts across international cultural, social, and economic lines. It is imperative for managers to understand the power and potential presented by sport in this global, increasingly connected economy. This subject will position students as future sport managers with an understanding of sport not only as a lever for international business development but also as a tool to drive change across social, geopolitical and ecological spheres.
- Examine the impact of globalisation on the sport industry
- Explain the growing interaction between sport, business and national government diplomacy agendas.
- Explain the nexus amongst globalisation, broadcast media and corporate partnerships in the international sport industry.
- Recognise the potential of sport to be managed to effect change with respect to international cultural, environmental and social considerations.
- Demonstrate verbal presentation skills by delivering a logically-constructed persuasive presentation using appropriate visual aids
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a group presentation.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|