This subject provides an introduction to the organisational structures and governance models typically found in sport and sport services in Australia and overseas. Students will consider the relevance of good sport governance to formulating and achieving strategic goals, monitoring organisational performance and developing rules and policies for sporting organisations. Specific topics include effective decision making, leadership, ethical behaviour, transparency and accountability in sport, contrasted in domestic and international sport contexts.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Explain the common organisational structures and processes that constitute sport governance.
2. Interpret current issues associated with sport governance.
3. Evaluate the nature and the role of governance and policy making as it relates to product and service provision in sport.
4. Evaluate the linkages between governance, leadership and strategy in sport organisations.
5. Deliver a professional presentation summarising your organisational analysis using appropriate visual aids.
6. Articulate ideas, analysis, recommendations and other supporting information in a professional report written in a clear, concise style.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|