This capstone subject is the second of two Professional Practice subjects and requires students to undertake a practicum experience within the work environment. Students will demonstrate the integration of evidence-based exercise and sports science knowledge, competencies and effective communication skills to progress towards the successful achievement of client goals, reflective of a professional Exercise Scientist.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Identify and implement strategies to assist clients to meet their goals through the integration and application of the exercise science curriculum.
2. Apply effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills within a work context.
3. Understand the scope of practice for an exercise scientist, a sports scientist and an exercise physiologist.
4. Apply the elements of risk associated with the professional practice of exercise science and the strategies used to minimise this risk.
5. Operate within the ESSA Code of Professional Conduct and Ethical Practice.
6. Integrate knowledge and demonstrate competency in a range of skills including biomechanical analysis, exercise screening, testing, prescription and delivery, and client communication across a range of populations.
There are no co-requisites.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||09/10/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2021|