In this subject students examine prescriptive and performance based building regulation with particular emphasis on the Building Code of Australia. Related environmental legislation affecting building work is investigated. Other topics include statutory requirements for certification of building works, building approvals, other statutory controls related to buildings including health and safety.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of key aspects of the Building Code of Australia and the ability to interpret relevant sections of the code as required.
2. Display an appreciation of the role and operation of prescriptive and performance based building regulation.
3. Display a working knowledge of statutory controls relevant to sustainability in the built environment.
4. Display a sound knowledge of the statutory requirements (at federal, state and local government levels) relevant to the certification of building works.
5. Demonstrate understanding of relevant health and safety regulations and controls.
|Withdraw – Financial?||28/02/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||10/03/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||29/06/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2019|
|Withdraw – Financial?||26/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||07/11/2019|