|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
Public relations is a fundamental element of any sports communication and marketing strategy and can be an extremely cost-effective way for an organisation to enhance reputation, service, or product. Public relations is used in the sports industry to raise awareness, inform and educate, build trust, connect, give people a reason to support, and create fan engagement. Students explore the relevance and impact of public relations in the marketing communications mix in the context of campaign planning, stakeholder engagement, sponsorship, and issues and crisis management across sports organisations, teams, and players at professional and grassroots levels. Students will apply this knowledge to creating and pitching an authentic campaign for the semester sports client.
- Understand and evaluate sport public relations theory and practice through case study analysis and application.
- Appraise and articulate the roles and responsibilities of professional and ethical public relations in the sport environment.
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical public relations knowledge and skills through creating and developing authentic communication materials.
- Work effectively as part of a development team to create and pitch an authentic campaign for the semester sports client.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|