|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
This subject introduces positive psychology principles and concepts and how they are related to wellbeing. It examines happiness in life (with emphasis on pleasure, engagement, and meaning), the strengths and 'virtues' related to positive life outcomes, and how we can develop and strengthen these qualities. The positive psychology principles include mindfulness, hope, resilience, optimism and efficacy in different life contexts. The subject also provides students with skills and knowledge in self-assessments, the use of relevant scales, and self-development practice to build the strengths and qualities related to positive life outcomes.
- Comprehend and apply a broad and coherent body of knowledge of psychology, with depth of understanding of underlying principles, theories and concepts in the discipline, using a scientific approach.
- Apply knowledge and skills of psychology in a manner that is reflexive, culturally appropriate and sensitive to the diversity of individuals.
- Analyse and critique theory and research in the discipline of psychology and communicate these in written and oral formats.
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate values and ethics in psychology.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Demonstrate self-directed pursuit of scholarly inquiry in psychology.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 16/05/2022 Cancellation 1: 30/05/2022 Cancellation 2: 06/06/2022 Last enrolment: 29/05/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 11/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 02/07/2022 Teaching census: 10/06/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||02/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|