This subject examines key concepts in democratic and political theory. The question of what it means for citizens to have an equal chance of participation or influence in public affairs will be considered. Other issues to be explored include justice, freedom, rights, democracy and public interest.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Knowledge of the major theoretical perspectives in contemporary political philosophy.
2. Capacity to engage critically in issues of political philosophy.
3. Capacity to apply political philosophical principles and theories to contemporary issues and problems.
4. Capacity to effectively communicate complex ideas and arguments
5. Appreciation of and respect for a wide variety of political and moral opinion.
6. Capacity to engage in group discussion of contested ideas in an intelligent and cooperative manner.
|Withdraw – Financial?||05/10/2019|
|Withdraw – Academic?||26/10/2019|