In this subject you will conduct a capstone research project with an industry partner. Although each project may differ depending on the needs of the industry partner, capstone research projects will typically utilise research as well as business frameworks to systematically evaluate health or social care service provision. The findings may be suitable for publication (if ethical approval is sought) or alternatively may result in a report for industry in-confidence. Through the project you will integrate your knowledge and skills from previous occupational therapy, research and business subjects. In order to facilitate your development and the conduct of your project, you will take part in a community of practice with your fellow scholars and the Subject Coordinator. You will meet on a weekly basis to discuss key issues and findings, and develop focussed skills and knowledge of relevance to the group.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Conduct an advanced examination of the health and social care literature in a focussed topic area.
2. Critically analyse and synthesise the literature on a focussed topic.
3. Act ethically and professionally in collaboration with an industry partner.
4. Apply project management principles to conduct a capstone research project with a high level of autonomy and accountability.
5. Apply research principles to a capstone research project.
6. Apply business principles to a capstone research project.
7. Disseminate research findings in a variety of fora.
There are no co-requisites.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.