|Faculty:||Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine|
Occupational therapy is a dynamic and changing profession. Contemporary competencies change across time and across international boundaries, with professional boundaries being impacted by the local evolution of the profession in response to local needs, challenges, and opportunities. In this subject, you will develop an understanding of contemporary and international practice issues and take part in workshops to prepare you for international and emerging areas of practice. You will take part in a project-based practice education experience in an immersive role-emerging area of occupational therapy practice.
- Demonstrate an awareness of international differences in occupational therapy practice.
- Adapt and develop existing occupational therapy competencies to rural and remote, non-traditional and non-Australian contexts.
- Identify, analyse, and evaluate a range of contextual and socio-political factors in the delivery of occupational therapy services.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in discrete clinical practice topics that feature in contemporary occupational therapy practice.
- Advocate for existing and future occupational therapy service delivery models and policies to address societal needs.
There are no co-requisites
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- May 2023 [Situated - The New Global Occupational Therapist]
- September 2022 [Situated - The New Global Occupational Therapist]
- September 2021 [Standard - The New Global Occupational Therapist]
- September 2020 [Intensive - The New Global Occupational Therapist]
- September 2019 [Intensive - The New Global Occupational Therapist]
- September 2018 [Standard - The New Global Occupational Therapist]
- September 2017 [Mixed Mode* - The New Global Occupational Therapist]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|