|Faculty:||Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine|
- Apply current knowledge of food science and human nutrition as it relates to the safe practice of nutrition and dietetics
- Describe personal, social, cultural, environmental, economic and political factors that influence food and its use, composition and consumption patterns
- Explain common practices used in food production and preparation including culinary techniques, portion sizing, sensory analysis and food labelling.
- Critically discuss a variety of foods and the effects of production, processing and preparation methods used in domestic and commercial settings.
- Use food composition data, food regulations and food guides to identify food options and recipe modifications to achieve nutritional goals for general diets.
- Understand and comply with relevant codes of conduct, dress codes, vaccinations and checks as stipulated in the compliance requirements of the University.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
This subject is not available to
Must be admitted into CC-63039 - Graduate Certificate of Nutrition OR CC-63040 - Graduate Diploma of Nutrition OR CC-63041 - Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 16/05/2022 Cancellation 1: 30/05/2022 Cancellation 2: 06/06/2022 Last enrolment: 29/05/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 11/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 02/07/2022 Teaching census: 10/06/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||02/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|