Marketing is based on the principle of providing value to customers. That is the easy bit! To provide value, we need to know what customers need and want, what they know, think and feel about our brand and the competitors’, and how they are likely to behave. That is the hard bit! Market research is the term that collectively describes the various tools and techniques that are used in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data to facilitate marketing. This subject is intended to give you an overview of the process of collecting, analysing and interpreting data where each requires the following skills: Collection attention to detail, organised thinking Analysis logical, sequential thought-processes, interest in discovery Interpretation critical thought, insight, ability to extrapolate.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Define problem, prepare a concise and useful research brief.
2. Design and execute method for collecting research data.
3. Analyse and report results derived from research data.
4. Understand, interpret, draw implications from research results.
5. Prepare & present a research report / summary.
6. Read, understand and critically evaluate a research report.
MKTG71-600 - Marketing Fundamentals OR MKTG71-104 - Marketing Management OR approved Study Abroad OR Exchange Student