A ubiquitous challenge in organisational life is how to effectively initiate, implement and sustain desired change. Although organisations continue to expend staggering amounts of time and resources on change initiatives, the majority of such efforts do not achieve their intended outcomes. In this subject, students will explore the underlying reasons for these failures to examine the fundamental nature of change and the challenges that change agents at different organisational levels face as they plan and execute change. Since organisations consist of people, students begin with an examination of individual change to explore fundamental concepts before extending and expanding their scope to consider change at the organisational level. Students will have the opportunity to apply and test their understanding of change management principles through readings, case study discussions, exercises, role plays and individual and group projects.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Describe the drivers of organisational change, the process of planned change and the nature and typical outcomes of organisational change.
2. Explain the importance of organisational culture and design to implementing and sustaining strategic change.
3. Analyse the key elements of an organisation and its external environment.
4. Assess the competitive positioning of an organisation, considering both external and internal factors.
5. Apply appropriate analytical tools, systems thinking and creative problem-solving to design an organisational strategy or major change intervention.
6. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a strategic change plan and presentation.
7. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise, professionally written strategic change plan.
8. Deliver a clear, concise well-organised persuasive presentation advocating for the implementation of your strategic change plan using suitable visual aids.
Students must have successfully completed CORE11-002 Leadership and Team Dynamics or equivalent prior to undertaking MGMT13-311.