|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
Today’s managers must cope with an increasingly complex mix of social, environmental, market, and technological trends that requires a sophisticated, sustainability-based approach. This subject is designed to enhance awareness of the ethical, social responsibility, and sustainability dimensions facing today’s organisational leaders. Students will gain an appreciation of a values-based approach to these dimensions and the knowledge and skills to effectively guide their decision-making. The subject introduces the tools needed to logically describe, debate, and evaluate ethical dilemmas in organisations and to effectively act on one’s conclusions.
- Explain the major approaches and considerations related to business ethics, corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
- Reflect on your own personal ethics and values and describe how they impact your decisions and behaviours.
- Incorporate these concepts and values into your business and personal behaviour and decision making processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a multi-stage group project.
- Communicate in a persuasive manner using appropriate channels and media.
- Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|