Today’s managers must cope with an increasingly complex mix of social, environmental, market, and technological trends that requires a sophisticated, sustainability-based approach. This subject is designed to enhance awareness of the ethical, social responsibility, and sustainability dimensions facing today’s organisational leaders. Students will gain an appreciation of a values-based approach to these dimensions and the knowledge and skills to effectively guide their decision-making. The subject introduces the tools needed to logically describe, debate, and evaluate ethical dilemmas in organisations and to effectively act on one’s conclusions.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Explain the major approaches and considerations related to business ethics, corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
2. Reflect on your own personal ethics and values and describe how they impact your decisions and behaviours.
3. Incorporate these concepts and values into your business and personal behaviour and decision making processes.
4. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with others to complete a multi-stage group project.
5. Communicate in a persuasive manner using appropriate channels and media.
6. Articulate ideas, decisions, recommendations and other information in a clear, concise writing style tailored to a given audience.