|Faculty:||Faculty of Law|
Mediation is an elective subject in postgraduate programs offered by the Faculty of Law. This subject deals with the principles, processes and practices of modern mediation, in the light of historic and comparative aspects of mediation and its contemporary emergence in Australia. Theoretical, practical and legal issues are examined in relation to mediation applications in different areas.
- Understand where mediation fits in the dispute resolution landscape.
- Understand the breadth of application of mediation.
- Appreciate the main legal and regulatory issues affecting mediation.
- Understand the mediation process and the key skills and techniques used.
- Effectively prepare for mediation.
- Provide an overview of international mediation comparisons/developments.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Juris Doctor students are expected to have completed a minimum of 80 credit points of compulsory law subjects.
This subject is not available to
Students must be into a Masters law degree OR LA-43040 Doctor of Legal Science (Research) OR be an approved Law Study Abroad or Law Exchange student.
- September 2022 [Mixed (Face-to-Face) - Mixed (Face-to-Face) [September 2022]]
- September 2021 [Mixed (Face-to-Face) - Mixed (Face-to-Face) [September 2021]]
- September 2020 [Mixed (Face-to-Face) - Mixed (Face-to-Face) [September 2020]]
- September 2019 [Mixed (Face-to-Face) - Mixed (Face-to-Face) [September 2019]]
- September 2018 [Mixed (Face-to-Face) - Mixed (Face-to-Face) [September 2018]]
- September 2017 [Mixed Mode* - Mixed Mode* [September 2017]]
Non-Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 23/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 25/09/2022 Last enrolment: 21/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 03/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 16/10/2022 Teaching census: 02/10/2022
|Withdraw - Financial:||03/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||16/10/2022|