|Faculty:||Faculty of Law|
Administrative Law is a compulsory subject in the Bachelor of Laws program offered by the Faculty of Law. The subject examines the nature and scope of judicial and administrative review of government decisions and actions, at both the federal and state level. Topics include access to government information (freedom of information and access to reasons), ombudsman, merits review tribunals and judicial review under the Constitution/common law and statute. Emphasis is placed on the development of legal writing and drafting skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of the following legal topics: judicial review; merits review; and administrative justice theories.
- Demonstrate competency in exercising the following skill at an intermediate level, with creativity, initiative and judgment: legal writing and drafting.
- Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, including a commitment to: learning and working independently and reflectively; behaving ethically and responsibly; and managing time effectively and meeting deadlines.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
Must be admitted into a Bachelor Law degree OR Bachelor of Laws combined degree OR be an approved Law Study Abroad OR Law Exchange student.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
- May 2023 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- January 2023 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- September 2022 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- May 2022 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- January 2022 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- September 2021 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- May 2021 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- January 2021 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- September 2020 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- May 2020 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- January 2020 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- September 2019 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- May 2019 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- January 2019 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- September 2018 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- May 2018 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- January 2018 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- September 2017 [Standard - Administrative Law]
- May 2017 [Standard - Administrative Law]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|