|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
In this subject, you will plan, design and create your own bespoke magazine or periodical and repurpose it across platforms, from print to smartphone apps, in a digital-first approach founded in the traditions of legacy news publishing. You will use industry-standard software to gain practical skills aligned with modern industry needs, underpinned by established theoretical frameworks of publication design.
- Conceptualise and package compelling content for multi-platform publishing.
- Create and design workflows using industry-standard hardware and software.
- Analyse and evaluate publishing platforms, their traditions and audiences and how content changes across platforms.
- Apply ethically and legally sound publishing decisions.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- September 2022 [Standard - Digital Publishing and Design]
- September 2021 [Standard - Digital Publishing and Design]
- September 2020 [Standard - Digital Publishing and Design]
- September 2019 [Standard - Digital Publishing and Design]
- September 2018 [Standard - Digital Publishing and Design]
- September 2017 [Standard - Digital Publishing and Design]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|