In this subject students will build a digital portfolio. They learn to sub-edit, layout and design story packages for a range of media platforms, including hard copy and online newspapers, magazines, blogs, web and tablets.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Identify and critically discuss the principles of publication design and create print and digital publications based on these principles.
2. Use design program InDesign to create publications such as newspapers, magazines, newsletters and books across platforms.
3. Package and publish content across a range of platforms, notably print, online and tablet.
4. Understand different publishing platforms, their traditions and audiences and how content changes across platforms.
5. Identify current issues in the publishing industry and discuss the significance and analyse the potential impact on professional practice.
6. Make ethically and legally sound publishing decisions.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|