In this advanced writing workshop, you will work with an instructor to develop an extended or substantive piece of original creative work in a genre and format of your choosing. The nature of the project will be negotiated individually at the beginning of the semester through a written and oral proposal pitch and contract document. Throughout the semester, you will have access to peer and instructor feedback on your project and instruction in frameworks for creative practice, industry expectations and market influences. Class sessions will take the form of small workshops or supervisions, with an expectation of ongoing student participation in a supportive, creative community. While the facilitator will provide feedback and support, students will need to commit to making individual progress on their chosen project.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Create a substantive piece of original creative work that aligns with evolving industry expectations.
2. Develop strategies for enhancing creativity and frameworks for sustained writing practice.
3. Apply and deliver constructive editorial feedback, communicating with clarity, sensitivity and an awareness of a narrative’s social, political, global and critical contexts.
4. Assess their creative writing process and practice to develop long-term strategies to apply initiative and sustain an extended project.
5. Plan, problem-solve and apply creative/critical judgement throughout an extended creative writing process.
There are no co-requisites.
Faculty approval require for those outside the Creative Writing Major
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|