|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject is designed to introduce you to the concepts associated with sustainability, stakeholder involvement, and indigenous culture interpretation in a tourism context. Key issues relating to the environmental, cultural and ethical issues involved in tourism development, the packaging of tourism products, the use of tourism resources and changing consumer preferences, are explored in the context of the overall tourism system. Theoretical knowledge and concepts will be brought to life through case studies, guest speakers, case studies and other experiential activities.
- Define the key concepts related to sustainable tourism and indigenous cultures.
- Describe the roles, functions and potential conflict of the stakeholders involved in the sustainable development of tourism destinations.
- Assess the political, economic, social, cultural, technological, ethical and environmental factors influencing tourism development using relevant concept and theories.
- Evaluate the benefits and costs of tourism development on indigenous cultures and the role of relevant stakeholders in this development.
- Explain the ethical considerations of decisions regarding tourism development.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- January 2023 [Standard - Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Culture]
- January 2022 [Standard - Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Culture]
- January 2021 [Standard - Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Culture]
- January 2020 [Standard - Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Culture]
- January 2019 [Standard - Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Culture]
- January 2018 [Standard - Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Culture]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|