This subject introduces students to adventure and activity tourism as a significant sector of the leisure and tourism industries. Key issues relating to the historical development of tourism, the rise of adventure tourism, communication, motivation, adventure destinations and environments and ethical issues are examined to develop a contextual understanding of the adventure tourism industry. Throughout the subject, there is a focus on the leadership and group dynamics involved in adventure activities. Experiential learning opportunities are offered during this subject, including several field trips where students apply theories in a practical situation.
|Bond Business School|
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
- January 2020 [Standard Offering]
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. Explain the growth and historical development of tourism and adventure tourism.
2. Analyse the learning and motivational factors associated with participation in adventure tourism activities.
3. Investigate the range and diversity of adventure and activity tourism environments, destinations and their unique characteristics.
4. Evaluate the role of leadership and group dynamics involved in adventure activities.
5. Explore the key risk factors, current legislation and ethical factors influencing participation in adventure tourism activities.
| Requisites: ? |
| Restrictions: ? |