Rooms Division Management is an introductory hotel management subject which provides you with an in-depth understanding of critical guest service functions associated with the ‘rooms’ inventory of an accommodation business. You will learn how service quality and service recovery principles underpin all facets of accommodation management from guest reservations to reception/arrival, housekeeping and maintenance services, guest safety and security, and guest departures. The interactions between the rooms division and other departments of an accommodation business are explored with respect to their impact on guest service. You will develop practical skills required to work in an accommodation business by undertaking training in Micros OPERA, a property management system used by many of the world’s leading hotel chains.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Describe the key components of service quality and service recovery theory in a guest experience context across all rooms-related departments of an accommodation business.
2. Process guest reservations and manage room bookings efficiently through a property management system.
3. Perform guest check-in and check-out procedures using a property management system.
4. Conduct front-office accounting tasks including posting room charges, maintaining guest accounts and settling accounts upon departure.
5. Perform various housekeeping-related tasks, including logging and reviewing room maintenance requests.
6. Calculate and interpret operating statistics and ratios used to assess the performance of the Rooms Division.
7. Describe the key safety and security issues relevant to hotels and resorts and how they influence the operation of the Rooms Division.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|