|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
Accommodation Management is an introductory hotel management subject which provides an in-depth understanding of critical guest service functions associated with the ‘rooms’ inventory of an accommodation business. You will learn how service quality and service recovery principles underpin all facets of accommodation management from guest reservations to arrival, housekeeping and maintenance services, guest safety and security, through to guest departure. The interactions between the rooms related departments of an accommodation business are explored with respect to their impact on guest service. Students will also develop practical skills required to work in an accommodation business by undertaking training in a leading hotel property management system, Micros OPERA.
- Apply service quality theory to analyse the guests’ experience of an accommodation business.
- Apply service management and service recovery principles to improve guest service experiences in an accommodation context.
- Perform various tasks using a hotel property management system to facilitate the provision of professional service across all stages of the guest life cycle.
- Evaluate operating statistics and ratios used to assess the performance of an accommodation business.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Accommodation Management]
- May 2022 [Standard - Rooms Division Management]
- September 2020 [Standard - Rooms Division Management]
- September 2019 [Standard - Rooms Division Management]
- September 2018 [Standard - Rooms Division Management]
- September 2017 [Standard - Rooms Division Management]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|