This subject will consider the broad contexts within which healthcare is delivered. The major topics covered will be socio-economic contexts, organisational frameworks and funding arrangements of the Australian health care system and selected international comparators. The emphasis will be on application of these topics to address optimum delivery of public health, preventive and clinical services.
|Faculty||Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine|
1. Describe the Australian health care system and identify the key drivers for health system reform.
2. Critically discuss the Australian health care system in the context of international comparators.
3. Describe the major social determinants of health.
4. Understand the impact of social determinants of health care access.
5. Evaluate the impact of health care system governance on health outcomes.
6. Critically analyse health systems and interventions from a health economics perspective.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|