This subject addresses the opportunities and challenges of leading a successful and sustainable global organisation. From analysis of the political, economic, legislative and social environments in different countries and regions, to exploring the cultural distances between nations and the implications for managers, the course will provide techniques and frameworks to mitigate risks and harness opportunities. The course will cover technical issues (e.g. exchange rates, supply chain management) but will concentrate more on organisational and cultural dimensions of global business. It will address different management roles and structural implications of a multi-national enterprise’s strategic direction, examining also the different modes and methods for conducting international business, with particular emphasis on foreign direct investment and developing and managing joint ventures.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
1. Development of basic knowledge of the major contextual issues encountered in international business, including sociocultural and cross cultural contexts and business environmental aspects external to the firm.
2. Understanding of internationalisation and globalisation processes that have conditioned the nature and context of international business
3. Possess basic knowledge of the major aspects of international business development, including the identification of patterns of alternative organisational structures to support internationalisation.
4. Possess basic knowledge of the basic theories that help explain international trade and investment, and relate these theories to current world trade/investment patterns
5. Explain processes and issues involved in effectively managing an international firm
6. An understanding of critical cross cultural issues involved in international business leadership and management
Must be admitted into a BBT/MBA Program
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Non-Standard Offering - Bond-BBT|
|Withdraw – Financial?||07/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||23/02/2020|