|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
n this advanced subject, students examine screenwriting and narrative strategies for various screen forms, including short and long-form drama for film, television and other screen projects. With a major focus on character and story development, students explore how to engage audiences at an emotional level.
- Develop a detailed story plan for a ten-minute screenplay, including characterisations, to a high standard.
- Write a screenplay using the correct industry technical format and conventions to a high standard.
- Write a ten-minute screenplay for a short film, or other screen-based project types, to a high standard.
- Interpret and apply feedback to improve the storytelling and writing of a ten-minute screenplay to a high standard.
- Develop a written proposal for a television series storyline to a high standard.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- January 2023 [Standard - Standard [January 2023]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- May 2020 [Standard - Standard [May 2020]]
- January 2020 [Standard - Standard [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- January 2019 [Standard - Standard [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- January 2018 [Standard - Standard [January 2018]]
- May 2017 [Standard - Standard [May 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|