|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
In this subject, students explore the various creative approaches to screen media through the screening and analysis of Hollywood, independent, international and alternative film, screen and digital content. Students examine the broad range of screen aesthetics by investigating the characteristics of screen storytelling, style, and major genres, and how these characteristics are shaped by social, industrial, and technological changes.
- Identify and describe screen aesthetics and storytelling across various formats.
- Define and apply key concepts and terms as they function within screen aesthetics.
- Critically examine the aesthetics of screen content.
- Curate a collection of critical analyses of screen content.
- Develop a screen studies research plan.
- Present a screen studies research project in written form.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- January 2023 [Standard - Standard [January 2023]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- May 2020 [Standard - Standard [May 2020]]
- January 2020 [Standard - Standard [January 2020]]
- May 2019 [Standard - Standard [May 2019]]
- January 2019 [Standard - Standard [January 2019]]
- May 2018 [Standard - Standard [May 2018]]
- January 2018 [Standard - Standard [January 2018]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|