In this highly-practical, workshop-based subject, students learn the creative and theoretical fundamentals of DSLR photography and Adobe Photoshop image creation and manipulation. Students undertake a range of exercises involving composition, use of colour, framing, and other aspects of visual design.
1. Interpret and employ the technical aspects of manual photography, such as lighting and exposure, shutter speed and aperture, using a DSLR camera to take photographs in a range of artistic situations.
2. Interpret and employ the technical aspects of Adobe Photoshop, such as layering, colour selection, image and type manipulation, to design a poster or similar creative project.
3. Apply relevant techniques of visual design, such as composition, use of colour, line, framing and type layout to design a poster or similar creative project.
4. Creatively design, and execute imagery for a photographic brief.
5. Produce and enhance selected images using Adobe Photoshop for a photographic portfolio that showcases their photographic ability and creativity.