In this highly practical, workshop-based subject, students learn the creative and theoretical fundamentals of DSLR photography and Adobe Photoshop image creation and manipulation. Students undertake a range of exercises involving composition, use of colour, framing and other aspects of visual design.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Interpret and employ the technical aspects of manual photography, such as lighting and exposure, shutter speed and aperture, using a DSLR camera to take photographs in a range of artistic situations.
2. Interpret and employ the technical aspects of Adobe Photoshop, such as layering, colour selection, image and type manipulation, to design a poster or similar creative project.
3. Apply relevant techniques of visual design, such as composition, use of colour, line, framing and type layout to design a poster or similar creative project.
4. Creatively design, and execute imagery for a photographic brief.
5. Produce and enhance selected images using Adobe Photoshop for a photographic portfolio that showcases their photographic ability and creativity.
|Withdraw – Financial?||08/02/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||29/02/2020|
|Standard Offering - On-Campus Delivery Only|
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|