|Faculty:||Faculty of Society and Design|
In this highly-practical, workshop-based subject, students explore the use of professional microphones, professional sound recording devices, and working with professional sound editing, mixing and design software, such as Pro Tools. A broad range of technical and creative aspects of microphone selection and use, location recording techniques, boom operation, dialogue editing, track-laying, effects editing, foley-effects, automated dialogue replacement (ADR), and the various stages of sound design and mixing will be examined. Students actively engage with creative problem-solving through classwork and bespoke assignments.
- Identify and describe the key principles of sound production and design for a range of film, television and other screen-based productions.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to effectively, creatively and safely operate professional microphones and sound recording and mixing equipment and accessories.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to record quality sound in a variety of internal and external environments.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to effectively and creatively edit, design and mix sound for a range of soundscapes using software such as Pro-Tools.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
- May 2023 [Standard - Standard [May 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- May 2022 [Standard - Standard [May 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- May 2021 [Standard - Standard [May 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- January 2020 [Standard - Standard [January 2020]]
- May 2019 [Standard - Standard [May 2019]]
- January 2019 [Standard - Standard [January 2019]]
- May 2018 [Standard - Standard [May 2018]]
- January 2018 [Standard - Standard [January 2018]]
- May 2017 [Standard - Standard [May 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 16/05/2022 Cancellation 1: 30/05/2022 Cancellation 2: 06/06/2022 Last enrolment: 29/05/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 11/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 02/07/2022 Teaching census: 10/06/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||02/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|