This subject focuses on the design, analysis, and implementation of strategies aimed at repositioning and revitalising companies faced with competitive challenges and opportunities. The primary objective of this subject is to develop both your analytical and interpersonal skills through the use of readings, cases, lectures, discussions, simulations and role plays within the M&A context.
|Faculty||Bond Business School|
|Study abroad||Not Available to Study Abroad students|
1. Describe the key concepts of mergers, acquisition, financial valuation and negotiation and how they relate.
2. Apply industry-accepted valuation methods (DCF, relative valuation, and precedent transactions) to analyse merger, acquisition and related transactions.
3. Prepare to negotiate using an integrated, adaptive planning framework.
4. Utilise appropriate negotiation and persuasion techniques for a given negotiation situation to achieve desired outcomes.
5. Work effectively in a team to analyse a variety of valuation situations, prepare justifiable conclusions and apply these and other analyses to achieve a negotiate agreement that achieves the group goals.
Students must have successfully completed FINC71-600 Managerial Finance or Equivalent prior to undertaking FINC71-614