|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
An introduction to the nature and function of financial markets and institutions. The emphasis of this subject is on understanding how markets work, how instruments are priced and how they are traded. The evolution of financial institutions both in Australia and internationally, their roles and response to regulations and deregulation are also explored.
- Describe the key concepts and theorems of capital markets, institutions and securities including equity, fixed income securities and derivative products.
- Apply advanced knowledge of financial markets and securities to critically analyse risk management and performance in financial institutions.
- Apply the techniques covered in this subject including value at risk and optimal hedging strategies with derivative products to conduct risk analysis in the global financial markets to the benefit of relevant stakeholders.
- Produce a clear and concise written report that provides clear analysis and recommendations regarding an advanced issue of risk management in a financial institution.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team to produce a professional report regarding an advanced issue of risk management in a financial institution.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 20/03/2022 Semester start: 16/05/2022 Subject start: 16/05/2022 Cancellation 1: 30/05/2022 Cancellation 2: 06/06/2022 Last enrolment: 29/05/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 11/06/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 02/07/2022 Teaching census: 10/06/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 19/03/2023 Semester start: 15/05/2023 Subject start: 15/05/2023 Cancellation 1: 29/05/2023 Cancellation 2: 05/06/2023 Last enrolment: 28/05/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 10/06/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 01/07/2023 Teaching census: 09/06/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/06/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||02/07/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||10/06/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||01/07/2023|