|Faculty:||Bond Business School|
This subject bridges the gap between financial theory and practice through the in-depth examination of an organisation’s three key financial decisions – the investment (i.e., capital budgeting), the financing (i.e., capital structure) and the payout (i.e., dividend). This is undertaken within the context of responsible corporate governance, supported by appropriate quantitative models and applied through contemporary case studies focusing on boardroom decisions.
- Apply finance concepts, principles and theories to a variety of typical corporate financial decisions or scenarios.
- Apply critical thinking and professional judgment to corporate investment, finance and payout decisions using appropriate technology.
- Evaluate elements of corporate governance and recommend ethical and sustainable firm-specific strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an effective member of a financial consulting team in the preparation of a set of recommendations supported by appropriate financial analysis and modelling.
- Revise financial recommendations based on presentation feedback and further group discussion.
Assumed knowledge is the minimum level of knowledge of a subject area that students are assumed to have acquired through previous study. It is the responsibility of students to ensure they meet the assumed knowledge expectations of the subject. Students who do not possess this prior knowledge are strongly recommended against enrolling and do so at their own risk. No concessions will be made for students’ lack of prior knowledge.
Assumed Prior Learning (or equivalent):
- January 2023 [Standard - Standard [January 2023]]
- September 2022 [Standard - Standard [September 2022]]
- January 2022 [Standard - Standard [January 2022]]
- September 2021 [Standard - Standard [September 2021]]
- January 2021 [Standard - Standard [January 2021]]
- September 2020 [Standard - Standard [September 2020]]
- January 2020 [Standard - Standard [January 2020]]
- September 2019 [Standard - Standard [September 2019]]
- January 2019 [Standard - Standard [January 2019]]
- September 2018 [Standard - Standard [September 2018]]
- January 2018 [Standard - Standard [January 2018]]
- September 2017 [Standard - Standard [September 2017]]
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 17/07/2022 Semester start: 12/09/2022 Subject start: 12/09/2022 Cancellation 1: 26/09/2022 Cancellation 2: 03/10/2022 Last enrolment: 25/09/2022 Withdraw - Financial: 08/10/2022 Withdraw - Academic: 29/10/2022 Teaching census: 07/10/2022
Standard Offering Enrolment opens: 13/11/2022 Semester start: 16/01/2023 Subject start: 16/01/2023 Cancellation 1: 30/01/2023 Cancellation 2: 06/02/2023 Last enrolment: 29/01/2023 Withdraw - Financial: 11/02/2023 Withdraw - Academic: 04/03/2023 Teaching census: 10/02/2023
|Withdraw - Financial:||08/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Academic:||29/10/2022|
|Withdraw - Financial:||11/02/2023|
|Withdraw - Academic:||04/03/2023|