Animation and Prototyping introduces students to the fundamentals of 3D modelling, texturing, rendering and applied principles of animation to create digital prototypes. Students will learn the steps to communicate their ideas through traditional and cutting edge visualization pipelines including images, video, 3D printing, and emerging technologies. Students will apply their knowledge using industry standard digital creation tools including, Autodesk, Adobe Creative Suite and Unity to produce their own prototypes and present their creative ideas.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Identify the fundamental concepts, terms and theories as they apply to the modelling and animation of prototypes.
2. Apply modelling, material mapping and lighting techniques in the practical construction of prototypes.
3. Construct animated prototypes using principles of animation.
4. Consolidate theoretical and conceptual prototype and animation techniques to produce a project based outcome.
5. Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others to affect positive outcomes.
6. Communicate effectively using oral, written and multimodal visualisation techniques.
|Withdraw – Financial?||13/02/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||06/03/2021|