In this subject students will be introduced to critical thinking and clear expression. They will evaluate arguments, identify assumptions, judge patterns of inference, and recognise and apply various methods of reasoning. Students will learn how to clarify and visually represent their thinking to make better decisions, evaluate and use evidence, and communicate more effectively in their writing and speaking. Using these skills, students will structure and write an academic essay and deliver an oral presentation.
- September 2018 [Standard Offering]
- January 2019 [Standard Offering]
- May 2019 [Standard Offering]
- September 2019 [Standard Offering]
|Available to Study Abroad students|
- Communication and Creative Media
- International Relations and Humanities
- Commencing in 2018: $4,247
- Commencing in 2019: $4,290
1. Identify issues and frame questions.
2. Locate, evaluate and organise information.
3. Identify, evaluate and create logical and clear arguments.
4. Produce a clear and logical essay.
5. Deliver a confident and competent presentation.
Please check the subject outline for pre-requisite subjects.